RISK ASSESSMENT - Space Only
All space only constructions have to complete the Risk Assessments and a Method Statement as a mandatory regulation.
Risk assessments are there to protect your own liability/insurance not for the Organisers. Any complex space only stand that does not submit a risk assessment, fire risk assessment and method statement will not be allowed to construct on-site.
RISK ASSESSMENT - Shell Scheme
All shell scheme constructions have to complete the Simple Risk Assessments to exhibit.The erection of shell scheme will be covered by the shell scheme contractor’s assessment. If the activity on the stand is clearly without significant risk, a simple risk assessment is required. There is a need for the exhibitor to confirm that this is the case.
RISK ASSESSMENT: EXHIBITOR RISK ASSESSMENT
Every exhibition stand is a miniature workplace and therefore needs a risk assessment. The exhibitor must identify all ‘significant risk’. Significant risks are those which are reasonably foreseeable in terms of probability and severe enough in outcome to warrant consideration
Examples of common risks associated with any event or exhibition are as follows:
- Slips, trips and falls on a level surface
- Manual handling, lifting or moving of heavy/awkward loads
- Injury from electric shock
- Objects falling from height or loads falling from vehicles
- Impact injury from moving vehicles
- Outbreak of Legionnaires disease from a water feature
- Food poisoning incident from temporary catering outlet
- Fire and fire related incidents
- Major incident and civil emergency
- Excessive working hours
- Alcohol and drug misuse related incidents